Monday, February 15, 2021

Tecumseh Curves

Just past that curve to the right in the picture below is another sharp curve to the left.
I was on that road.
As I approached that left hand curve there was was something in the road ahead. I hit the brakes. It was a buck deer standing in the middle of the road. I slowed almost to a stop, creeping up to him. He stood his ground.
Around that curve, in the oncoming lane, was a dark pickup truck. Coming around a blind curve way too fast, he slammed into that deer! The deer flew into the air, tumbled, and crashed onto my car! The damage was incredible and I was nearly in shock.
But I had to get off "the curves".
I drove to the bottom of the hill and pulled into the gas station, which was closed at the time. No cell signal!
I half expected the truck driver to turn around and come to check on me. Nope. Hit and run.
By the time I decided to drive up the hill on the other side to get a signal, I was calmer, but boy was I pissed!
I didn't see any point in trying to find the other driver. It had been 10 minutes or so and he was long gone. I don't think he would have been too happy to see me.

 Note: on that stretch of road, there was no where for the deer to go. 100 foot drop, or rock face. He had literally gotten himself between a rock and a hard place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  A few weeks ago I had a tragedy on my little farm. I have a tiny herd of tiny horses. Cute little things. Great pasture ornaments! My 3 ye...